There’s something so enchanting about smelling lavender. It pulls you into nature’s embrace and calms your mind, body, and soul. Lavender has been used as a medicinal herb for thousands of years and is in the same plant family as sage. Originating in the Mediterranean, it is fantastic at adapting to different environments, and even thrives here in the baking sun of Arizona.
Lavender essential oil is the miracle plant of essential oils. Here are some ideas on how to incorporate it into life when you don’t have a diffuser.
- Pour a few drops on your pillow. As a mama, sleep is one of the most important parts of mental and physical health. Pour a little dash and snooze away to calming scents!
- Add to leave in conditioner. It soothes the scalp, reduces dandruff and improves hair growth, and you also get the calming benefit of aromatherapy and through your skin. It also discourages lice so it’s great for school kids!
- Add to your face moisturizer or make your own. It improves your complexion, reduces acne, and soothes dry skin.
- Pour a few drops know clothing or a diffuser necklace.
- Make your own candles. It’s quick and easy and provides a peaceful ambiance in your home.
Depending on your personal tolerance for the smell and the amount of product you are adding to, just add a bit at a time until you’ve reached the desired fragrance. I love using the essential oil in anything I can think of for our family. Couldn’t we all use a bit of stress relief?
What’s your favorite way to use lavender essential oil? Leave a comment below!
Live, love, and lavender